Click the tabs below for answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Surgication courses are developed using a combination of illustration/graphics, text content and narrated, "auto-play" audio files. Since most web browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge) have adopted auto-play policies, we've found our site is best viewed using Chrome (with auto-play enabled--see below).
Mobile users-our styles are designed for most mobile phones and tablets, preferably in landscape mode-- iPhone 6/7/8+, Galaxy S5+, Pixel 2+, iPad & Tablet (all-portrait or landscape).
Please READ ON for notes about enabling auto-play for this website. These settings will not affect other websites you may visit.
- Google Chrome -Top of any page, click the "lock" area appearing BEFORE the address field. Select "Site settings," Permissions, scroll & to the right of "Sound" select "Allow" from the dropdown.
- (Mozilla) Firefox -Top of any page, click the "lock" area appearing BEFORE the address field. See "Permissions," and select "Allow Audio and Video."
- Safari (Mac) -In the Safari app, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Websites. Click Auto-Play in the list on the left. Choose "Settings for This Website." Scroll down to "Auto-Play: Allow All Auto-Play."
- Safari (iPhone) -Under the Safari menu, select Preferences and then click the websites tab at the top of the box. Click "Auto-Play" on the left side of the box. (Again, we recommend a minimum screen resolution of 667px (landscape for iPhone 6/7/8).
- Microsoft Edge (Formerly Internet Explorer) -Users can control the default auto-play behavior for all sites under Advanced Setting > Media autoplay. Select "Allow for this site."
SPECIAL NOTES & RESOURCES: As medical procedures, methods and practices vary in other countries, this website is designed for patients and physicians in the United States only.
You must first login to view the individual procedure/course materials. This means creating a new account with us. This can be achieved through a simple registration process.
Once you are logged in you can select a procedure-related course from the "Procedures Overview" page. You will be presented with individual "slides," which include a representative graphic, text and audio narration. Be sure to turn on your computer/device sound.
When the audio is complete you'll be able to "Acknowledge" the slide. These acknowledgements let us know you listened, read, and understand the material. They also make it possible to become certified as having completed the course. See also "How it Works" for additional information or click below to read more about the certificate.
Yes, our website is "responsive" throughout, meaning it will respond to the device you're using to access it. Please see the first question about browser support and mobile/tablet devices.
No, at this time there is no fee for this program. We hope to continue offering free services in the future.
As a first registration step, we require only your first, last name and email address. Following a simple email verification, you'll be presented with a Profile form, used to determine what's important to our viewers. We ask a handful of questions but require only the following: phone number, reason for your registration (patient, caregiver, physician, etc), procedure topic you will be viewing, city, state, and country. Other fields are optional but they will help us going forward.
We should mention again that we respect your privacy. This sensitive information is collected by a secure, HIPAA-compliant form. Data is encrypted and stored on a secure server with all HIPAA regulations closely monitored.
Each procedure-related course takes less than an hour to watch and acknowledge. You have the option of pausing slide narration and/or returning to finish a course since the system is based on "cookies." This means you can logout, close your browser, then as long as you haven't cleared your browser history ("cookies"), you can return to the site, log back in and pick up where you left off using the course menu.
A Certificate of Completion will be presented once you've acknowledged each slide in a course. This certificate can be downloaded as a PDF, emailed or printed for the surgeon or hospital performing your procedure.
If this is a medical emergency, you should leave this website and dial 911 immediately.
Of course questions pertaining to your surgery should ALWAYS be presented to your physician/specialist. This website is NOT designed to replace the care or expertise of your doctor.
If you have questions about our program, you can reach out to us using our (secure) online Contact form. Please allow up to three (3) business days for an emailed response.